Important Security Update - Firstbird will be down on 24.03.2018
With the upcoming mobile app release, we will increase the minimum required Android version from 4.1 to 4.4 due to security reasons.
This makes the usage of the Firstbird2Go app more secure for every user.
Additional important notice: There will be a planned application downtime on Saturday, March 24, 2018 to improve the security and GDPR compliance of Firstbird.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
We introduced skeleton cards to all list views to show you upfront what to expect once loading has finished.
Additionally, we reworked the filter behavior. This change introduces the often asked-for preselection of the current user in all “Contact Person” filters for Recruiters.
This should help to onboard new Recruiters, as they only see the jobs/referrals/rewards they are responsible for. They will still be able to see the other items when clearing the filter, but the default will always be to only show items they are responsible for.
Note: This change of the filter behavior doesn’t apply to Company Admins. You will still see all items by default.
Faster and More Secure Login Page
As preparation for the upcoming availability of Single Sign On as a new mean of authentication for our enterprise customers, we improved the login page for all users.
This means, while everything has the same look and feel, the login page is now served faster and provides a higher level of security by using a more advanced authentication method.
Note: There are no changes to how you or your Talent Scouts log in. The mentioned improvements have been done behind the scenes.
In February we made some security improvements under the hood. You will not be able to see these changes on the platform, but can rest assured that we continuously improve our platform and infrastructure to provide you and your employees a secure product.
Changes which we incorporated:
- New security headers added to further secure the communication between your browser and our servers
- Guarantee that valid & trusted server certificates are used for the mobile app
- Enforce the usage of TLS 1.2 for the connection encryption on mobile devices
New Features Coming Soon
Updated Flow for Direct Referrals
To give the applicant more power over their data, we will update the direct referral flow and ask the applicant to either accept or decline the referral before informing the recruiter about a new application.
- You can continue to count on the strongest channel for referrals and hires
- You can select a default language as fallback for users/applicants using a language you haven’t localized
Multiple languages for reward policy
- You can localize your reward policy in every platform language
- You can select a default language as fallback for users using a language you haven’t localized